Transparency – Where does your donation go?
In order to be as transparent as possible as to how your donations are used, we would like to share with you a breakdown for some of the day to day costs of running the Meseret for Women house in Addis Ababa. While costs can of course vary, based on availability of products and exchange rates, below is a guide to the running cost for key items:
For the mother:
- Bed linen (including blanket, bed sheets and mattress) £50
- Clothes (pyjamas, dress, sweatshirt and underwear) £70
- Toiletries (Soap, detergent, toothbrush and toothpaste, hair oil) £25
- Food for 6 months (3 meals per day) £430
- Medical costs (6 months) £32
- Clothes (3 sets) £74
- Shoes (2 pairs) £16
- Towel £4
- Nappies (6 months supply) £70
- Vaseline x 2 £3
- Feeding bottle and cutlery (cups, fork and spoon) £5
- Food (for 6 months) £285
- Milk (for 6 months) £72
- Medical costs (6 months) £24
As you can see, your money goes a long way. Just £5 provides a feeding bottle and cutlery for a baby or child, £24 will cover 6 months of medical costs for a child, £70 will cover a mother’s clothes or 6 months’ supply of nappies, and £285 will cover a child or baby’s food for a whole 6 months.
Thank you again from all of us at Meseret for Women for your generous support!